Thursday, September 24, 2009

You can't take me anywhere!

Being pregnant has made me lose my filter. I have been lucky enough so far to not go crazy on any of my students yet, and for this I am thankful. However, the patrons and employees of Kroger have not been so lucky.

Last night after dinner, A and I stopped at Kroger to get some snacks. I had a hankering for some double chocolate chip muffins, and he wanted something from the ice cream section. Hey, he's the baby daddy. He can have cravings too! As usual, we run into people we know and are stopped talking way longer than we were actually shopping.

We finally got around to getting our stuff, which somehow ended up including a new set of Tupperware (my fault) and all in all, it maybe took us about 3 minutes to get our shopping done.

We headed up to the front of the store to check out, and I notice that the lines are quite long. Since we only had a couple items, we made our way to the u-scan. Oddly, even though it was still early in the evening, half of the lanes were closed. Weird. They were open when we came in.

One of our friends that was working that night happened to be right in front of us in line, since she was on break and was buying a frozen dinner. I asked her why half the u-scan was closed. She said she had no idea. She she hollered at the guy working the u-scan, "Hey, why are those lanes closed?"

"Because I don't want to watch both u-scans."

Then, without a thought in my head, I shouted out, "Pussy!"

Lots of snickering occurred.

Quite a few glares of pure disgust.

Luckily, none of my students from school were around.

I really have no idea what came over me or where my filter went. I honestly felt bad afterwards. But there was no taking that one back!

No comments:

Post a Comment