Thursday, September 10, 2009

19 week belly pic (and some ranting)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ok, so you might as well go ahead an notice how freaking big my boobs are. Yes, they have always been like that. But now they are bigger. And I have yet to find a supportive bra to help hold them up. They aren't small enough to be G cups anymore! It will be interesting to see when my belly gets to be bigger than my boobs! Haha. I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Now for some ranting:

Today at work was hard to get through. I was halfway through my 4th class of the morning, and I was trying to teach my 1st graders a song with a lot of words and verses to it - "Over in the Meadow". I had just got done going through it, echoing and working up to them singing each verse all the way through when in walks my principle. ::run and hide, it's never anything good when he's around::

"I just wanted to let you know that I was looking at your schedule for today and saw that you have your planning period this afternoon. That would be a wonderful time for you to come see our expert on writing. She'll be doing a demonstration with the 5th graders. It's a wonderful opportunity."

Thursdays are my rough days. Like I've said before, I have 6 classes, non-stop before lunch. I have one planning period in the afternoon, between my two classes after lunch. I am already exhausted and I am on class 4 of 8. Of course I can't say any of this to him.

I think that he's said what he needs to say and will leave me be now, but nope. He's going to take this opportunity to stay in my classroom for the next 5 or so minutes and do a little informal observation. Great. Freaking awesome. The kids don't know the song well enough yet to make it look impressive. They're nervous too, because the principle is watching them sing and he isn't supposed to be there. I hate whenever he watches me, because he never has anything nice to say. But he can kiss my ass, because I even had laminated, colored pictures of the animals we were singing about in the song and they each got to have a turn with an animal, standing up in front of the class. So piss off. I'm prepared.

I went to Chick-fil-a for lunch, and thought I was clever to get the kids meal instead of a regular combo since I haven't been eating all of my food. I couldn't even finish that! Really, this has got to stop! Why can I not eat more than 2 chicken nuggets?

So after lunch, I've got my 7th and 8th grade band students. They were actually being pretty productive and we were getting stuff done. The last 10 minutes of the class, in walks one of our substitute teachers. She says that my principle asked her to relieve me from teaching so that I can go up to the demonstration/seminar early. Of all my classes to pull me out of, my instrumental classes are not my top choice! Not only do I enjoy teaching band and orchestra, but a sub isn't going to know what to do with them. Whatever. I leave anyway.

When I get up to the classroom we are supposed to meet in, I realize that it hasn't even started yet. I got pulled out of my class for nothing, because we didn't even start until 1:15. Then in walks Mrs. S, the writing expert extrodinaire (don't even know how this is supposed to be spelled), and she's high on life. This woman has more energy than I have ever seen an adult have. I'm thinking it must be speed. Her personality is like Amy Sedaris on Strangers with Candy, only not funny, and add really annoying. She did an exercise on how to become a more descriptive writer. I do not do writing in my class. Not allowed. No homework, no tests, no papers. So why do I have to take my only time during the day to regroup and refocus to listen to this woman?

To top it all off, there were no chairs to sit in. The few that were extra that the kids weren't sitting in, other teachers were. Other teachers who were not on their plan, and who are not pregnant. My hands and my feet started swelling so bad. My feet were tingly for the next hour.

I ended up skipping out 15 min. early, because I couldn't handle standing up and listening to that stuff any longer. Sure, it's a great strategy, but not only can I not use it in my class, we've already had a day long inservice with her over the summer. I didn't need to hear it again!

Now the school day is finally over. But I think I am getting a giant zit on the top of my lip. It's swollen, and I can only imagine that it's going to end up one big, nasty, hurty pimple. Because that's my luck. Right now it feels like something stung my lip. I know that can't be the case! I don't think I've had any run-ins with bugs that sting!

Wish me luck at band rehearsal tonight. I don't know that once I have a chance to sit down at home I'm going to be able to get back up! I'm a bit nervous about talking to the director, because I really want to be able to come back after the baby is born. But all I want to do right now is sleep!

Phew! I told you I was going to rant. You should have just skipped it after the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment