Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Monday

At least it's not raining! ::knocks on wood and crosses fingers:: And it feels like fall today. I'm actually a little chilly in my classroom right now with my windows open. I'm sure I'll still have to turn the ac on once my students get in here though. They have a lot of hot air and tend to heat up (and stink up) the room.

I need to save up some money because the fall weather does mean that my skirt wearing time is now limited. I've gone for quite a while with only the bare minimum in maternity clothes. Still just one skirt, a handful of shirts, and a few pairs of undies. But now I'm going to need to invest in a few pairs of work pants, more shirts and long sleeves, sweaters, and a winter coat. Oh, and this isn't maternity related, but I need a new pair of leather gloves for the winter. Something happened to mine last year and I can only find one of them. This makes me sad because my mom bought me those gloves and I loved them! ::sniffle:: So I need to gear up for winter.

So, why do I have a case of the Mondays today? Well, even though I slept quite a bit, I had all these strange, vivid dreams that kept waking me up. I woke up feeling like I'd hardly slept at all. As much as I try, I can't eliminate my stress. I've talked about how I've been stressing over bedding - well my dreams were about me trying to buy the bedding of all things. I've been stressing about it so much during the day that now I'm stressing about it in my sleep too!

Then I woke up, and things were weird because A was already gone. He's golfing for work today and had to leave early. I hope you do well today, A!

I couldn't see very well so I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Yep, just as I suspected. My eczema on my eyelids has gotten worse. This always seems to happen. It always has to get to the point where I look like a cartoon villain and am completely miserable before it will get any better. My eyelids are all red, swollen and puffy. I can't open my eyes all the way. My vision right now is blurry. And my eyes still itch like hell, despite the fact that they also hurt like hell. So I've got the Vaseline gooped on and am trying my damndest not to scratch or rub. I'm fighting a losing battle with myself. It's unbearable. You may think I'm being overly dramatic, but have you had to deal with this condition? I didn't think so.

This is me, but without the celebration:


Happy Monday, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment