Thursday, September 24, 2009

21 weeks, and stressing over bedding

Carrot baby!
Little Dav should be as long as a carrot this week. Keep growing, baby! I'm not sure how I feel about the comparisons for the past weeks. I see these pictures and imagine my baby as a stick baby. I can't help it. I'm a visual learner, and look how skinny this carrot is!

I would like to think that I'm starting to get better. I still feel like hurling in the morning, but if I drink a soft drink when I get to work, that normally makes it better. And I have eaten a full dinner the past two nights in a row! Add to this that I can feel Dav kick often and I'm feeling more optimistic than I have in a long time.

What I don't like is the restless leg shit that has come out of nowhere. I haven't read that this is a symptom of pregnancy, so why do I have it? It's the worst at night, when I'm watching tv on the couch with A.

Also, this eczema business needs to calm down. The fact that I have it on my eyelids and around my eyes is NOT cool. I've been trying not to scratch it, because if I do then my lids will swell and I'll look like Quasimodo (sp?). I've also got it on my cheeks, neck, arms, hands, and legs. And I'm pretty sure it's all attributed to stress. Stress about getting bedding for the crib.

Tiny Rockets 4 Piece Crib Bedding Set by Sumersault
$199.99 + shipping


Sumersault Tiny Rockets Crib Bedding
$199.99 + shipping

Keep in mind that the $200 for these sets only includes the sheet, bumper, dust ruffle and quilt. Everything else seen in the photo can be added on extra, for a LOT more money. A LOT.

So this pretty much breaks down to $50 a piece for the bedding. And I could go cheaper, by say, only buying the themed bumper and quilt, and pairing that with other, less expensive sheets. But no. That's not an option. You either have to buy the 4 piece set or none at all. It's such a farking scam. A and I are prepared to hand out serious cash for the crib, but there is no reason that baby bedding has to be so expensive.

Also, our theme isn't exactly a popular one, so there aren't that many options. I'm not sure why more people don't want to do an outer space / planets / rocket ship nursery for their baby boy though. I like the idea. I just wish there were more affordable options.

I've seen sheets with stars that we could buy just by itself. But the only stand alone bumpers I've found are solid colors. And we refuse to just do a pain, solid color set in the crib.

A mentioned asking his grandma to make the bedding. This would be wonderful. I've never seen her sew, but she's supposed to be good at it. And I'm sure she'd be willing to do this for us if we ask. I just hope that she's better with her sewing machine than she is with her organ (or her keyboard, or her guitar...)

Is it so wrong that I want to give my baby a fun nursery without spending a fortune? I'm sure we'll get it figured out, but for now I can't help but stress about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment