Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tomorrow is the day!

I can't believe that tomorrow afternoon we get to find out whether we are having a boy or girl! All this waiting and waiting, and it's finally almost here! ::jumps up and down::

I'm super nervous about it. Mostly because I have to drink a lot of water beforehand and I'm forbidden to use the restroom! I'm not sure why you have to have a full bladder in order to do the ultrasound, but I'm afraid I'll be so busy trying not to pee myself that I won't be able to enjoy seeing my little one for the first time! I just have these images in my head of me fighting with one of the ladies at the front desk trying to get to the restroom. I also have images where I pee myself in the exam room while they are doing the ultrasound. Neither are good!

I also have fears that when we see our little one, something will be terribly wrong or worse. ::remembers to breathe::

I hope that everything looks good tomorrow. I hope that our baby cooperates and shows us the goods! I don't want to be forced to be on team green! We want to know!

After we find out for sure, I really do need to get started on the registry. I think we are going to register at Babies R Us and Target. We're looking at having the shower the weekend of Thanksgiving. Not on Black Friday, of course, but maybe the Saturday or Sunday after that. This could change, depending on when people can make it. Shouldn't be too much of a worry, since hardly anyone showed up to my bridal shower!

I really hope that we can get things going on our second floor of the house soon. I really want to be able to buy and put together the crib (ok, well A will be the one putting it together) and decorating the nursery. But none of this can be done until the remodeling of the upstairs is complete. Right now, it's gutted and filled with black dust. Ick!

By this time tomorrow, I should be able to call my LO by his/her name! ::jumps up and down again, and then does a dance::

No comments:

Post a Comment