Thursday, September 17, 2009

We're halfway there...

AND IT'S A BOY!!!

(Team Peen)

A and I are so excited! We are having a baby boy! Our big ultrasound was this afternoon, and I was super nervous. Partly because I was just so excited and anxious, and partly because I thought I was going to pee myself.

For whatever reason, you are supposed to have a full bladder going into an ultrasound. Something about your pee in your bladder helping the baby show through with the machine they use. Whatever. I know the paper they gave me said I was supposed to drink 20 oz. and not pee, and A tried to stop me, but when we got to the doctors, I had to pee. I drank quite a bit right after that though, to try to make up for it. I'm glad that I did, because we were in there with the tech and our little one for quite a while and I think I really would have peed my pants otherwise.

A, my mom and I went into the room and they squirted the warm gel on my belly. We saw the baby right away! The tech took some time to do all the measurements she needed to do. Our little baby is weighing in at 12 oz. which is right on target. We saw the head, spine, heartbeat, little legs and arms, and a face. It was so awesome!

Our little bugger was being stubborn though, and had his ankles crossed. The tech had to keep jiggling my belly with wand thing-a-ma-jig to try to get him to move around. Finally, she got the angle that she needed and said that it looks like we're having a baby boy!

She printed off some pictures of our baby boy for us. I was so glad that A and my mom were there to share that experience with me. It is such a relief to finally see our baby!

Here's our baby, head facing us.


His arm and elbow


"It looks like a boy!"

Our baby facing down.

One last picture of baby.



We're so glad to now know we are having our little Davin/Daven Alexander. (Yes, A and I are still debating on the spelling) Even though he made mommy really sick this morning. My 2 week streak of non-barfing is now over. My grandpa noticed my belly when we saw him last weekend, so I guess I'm looking more and more pregnant. Here's my 20 week picture:


Now I thought I would never do this, but here it goes: I'm about to share with you my bare belly! Normally A is the only one who gets that show, so don't look if you don't want. If you're not a fan of stretch marks, you might want to look away. I did warn you!




I've lost more weight. I think I'm down about 20 pounds now from where I started. The nurse said, "Uh oh, you've gone the wrong way again" when I stepped on the scale. My doctor didn't say anything about it though, besides the fact that I need to make sure that I eat as often as I can. I told her about my headaches, and she said I was probably having them so frequently because I wasn't able to eat enough. She told me I need to eat more potassium. Too bad bananas sound gross right now! I'm going to try though. She also wrote me a prescription for a different pill for my belly. Hopefully that will help me be able to eat lunch while I'm at work.

I'm not used to blogging at night! I'm tired! I probably shouldn't write at work as often as I do though! Time to snuggle up with A before it's time for me to go to bed. It's been quite a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment