Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"What do you mean you're pregnant?"

Ah, the kiddos. They really do say the darnest things, don't they?

My last class of the day was 2nd grade. We were doing this song that involved patting you head, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. I was modeling how to do it and how it went along with the song. When I got to the part where you have to bend down and touch your ankles I said something along the lines of, "Ok, at this part you touch your ankles. I can't do it because I am so very pregnant..."

That's when I got the surprised exclamation from one of the girls in the front row, "What do you mean you're pregnant?!"

Oh man. I laughed. My due date is next Thursday, people!

I guess it's a good thing that they don't all notice. It must mean that I don't look as much like a whale as I feel. Or maybe they are all just oblivious and don't know jack about jack. :;shrugs::

In other happenings since I posted early this morning, I had my second puker of the school year. (big sarcastic yay!) I had 4th grade art and we were going through the reading in the book. One of the boys throws up, barely missing the book and catching the table. (blech). He just stares at me. I point and say, "Trash can!" which was literally right behind him. He walked over to the trash can, picked it up, and then stared at me again. This time I pointed to the door and said , "Office!" He makes it to the door before retching again in the can. All the while the rest of the class is gagging and making all kinds of noises. Lovely.

Luckily the custodian was quick with his clean-up. ::phew:: Although the cleaning supplies were so strong that I had to open a window to breathe. And then I turned on the heat too. I know, I'm bad, what a totally un-green thing to do! But I was desperate!

I just don't understand that at that age, you can't make it to the can at least. Yes, I expect preschoolers to puke on themselves, but by the time you get to 4th grade, you should have puked enough times to have some understanding about when it's coming. And I found out later that the same kid had been sent home on Monday for throwing up in school! Come on! So not only should he still be at home, but he should have been able to think to himself, hmm, I think I might need to barf. Maybe I should find somewhere other than the table and floor to do it!

Anyhow!

Daven is just hanging in there still. And besides my ongoing case of mega-gas and back aches, I've got nothin. Good thing I know that all this waiting is worth it!

I think A is going to attempt to put together the crib tonight. We've got it over at the house and all the parts and pieces are upstairs just ready to be assembled. I can't imagine trying to follow those directions though. I hope A doesn't get too frustrated!

Alrighty, I am so getting out of here and going home! At least I survived another day at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment