Saturday, January 9, 2010

6 and a half minutes

That's how far apart my contractions are right now. I've been in pain ever since I woke up this morning.

**WARNING** Some of this might be tmi...

Last night before bed A and I had sex. (and it was nice)

I had trouble staying to sleep, but that's nothing new. Every time I woke up to go the bathroom, it hurt really bad like I wasn't going to be able to hold it, even though I had just gone an hour ago. But even though there wasn't much pee to speak of most of the time, that feeling went away after I went, and I was able to fall back to sleep.

This morning I woke up to a contraction, and when I got up to go to the bathroom, I noticed that there was a bit of dried blood in my underwear. That was definitely scary. Although I tried not to panic, because we did have sex last night, and I've heard that once you start to dilate, you can bleed.

So I'm sitting in the living room now with the tv on, trying to time these contractions with this app on my iPhone. A is still asleep. I hope he won't be mad that I haven't woken him up, but I figured that if there's any chance that today might be the day, he's going to need all the sleep he can get.

This is so surreal. I feel like it shouldn't be happening. And maybe it isn't - who knows. All I know is that I'm not ready for this. We haven't preregistered. The hospital bag isn't packed. None of Daven's clothes have been washed.

What I know is that it feels like my lower back might break and that my ute wants to fall out. Like really bad period pains, but lower. Daven is still squirming around in there though, so I think he's ok. He's probably hungry!

Hold me - I'm scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment