Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I said to myself that I needed to update my blog. But as I sit here, I don't know what all to write about! Prepare for a ramble...

Work is basically unpleasant because of a.) where I work and b.) I'm so pregnant. It hurts whenever I move, I'm tired all the time, and singing with the kids makes me out of breath.

I was really considering after our false alarm Saturday and continuing to feel like crap that I might not stay working until the due date. But apparently it turns out that I do not qualify for short term disability. Insurance gave me the run-around and said that in order to have that you have to have life insurance. And I don't. So I'm trying to tough it out.

Some of the kids at school are just now realizing that I am pregnant. Now I say all the time that these kids don't listen and don't pay attention. Now do people believe me? I haven't just been eating too many burritos! And I know beyond just my physical appearance that I've mentioned it to every class at school.

I keep going back and forth between really wanting Daven to get here NOW and being afraid of not being pregnant anymore. That transition between inside baby and outside baby is scary! I know I can take care of him while he's inside, but what's it going to be like once I can't feel him kick anymore? I'm sure that once he's here I won't feel like anymore. A and I both really want to meet him!

In the past week we have been finding small pee spots on the carpet in our office. For the longest time we couldn't figure out who was doing it. The spots seemed too small to come from the dog, and we just kind of assumed that Coheed was doing it because his box wasn't clean enough. But then we cleaned the cat box and there still continued to be spots randomly throughout the day.

Turns out that Oreo is the culprit. She squatted right in front of A the other night. Last night, she did it in front of me. Here's the thing. We've been taking her out the same amount, maybe even more. We have been paying the same amount of attention to her too. We think that this is her way of acting out about Daven getting ready to come. She only piddles a very small amount, and she'll do it sometimes immediately after being taken outside. Also, she doesn't do it during the day when we're not here, or when someone else, like A's dad is here. So I don't think that it's a control problem. Plus, she only ever does it in the office, nowhere else.

It's very irritating. She gets up in the middle of the night and makes all kinds of spots. Thankfully Resolve cleans it. But we don't know what to do to get her to stop. A was home half a day today while the contractor guy was mudding the drywall and Oreo didn't do anything. So maybe it's just in response to me. I do know that any time A hugs me for too long or rubs/kisses my belly, Oreo freaks her shit. ::sigh:: I love you, puppy.

Tomorrow Daven will officially be full term! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment