Friday, January 15, 2010

Officially full term!

We love you, baby Daven! And now that you are full term, you can come out any time without us having to worry about you not being ready! Yesterday sure was a big day!

So yesterday right about 2:00, we had a fire drill at school. It was at the very end of my plan and I was sitting by myself at my desk. Of course, the alarm scared the crap out of me. It was then that I started feeling pains. It was like Saturday all over again! Luckily, I already had my weekly appointment scheduled for right after school.

I get to the Dr.'s and they tell me that she's over at the hospital delivering right now. It shouldn't be too long. I told them I'd stay and wait, that I was having some pains and didn't want to reschedule. A few minutes later they told me she was back and sent me back to a room. I had just taken my pants off and covered with that stupid piece of paper towel when the nurse came in and said that my Dr. got called out for another delivery, did I want to wait?

Mother fucker. I still don't feel good, I don't want to end up at the hospital with another false alarm - I'll wait.

So after being there for an hour, she finally comes in to see me. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't mad at her. I mean, it's her job to deliver babies and when Daven comes, I'd want her to drop everything and be there. It was just frustrating because babies were coming out of vaginas from every direction!

Daven's heartbeat still sounds good! But my blood pressure was up. She did an internal (which hurt so, so bad) and said that I was still pretty much closed, but that she could feel his head right at the bottom of my cervix. Said I was 70% closed. Not really sure what that means, because most of the time they talk in centimeters dilated, not percentages.

She then said, "You're a teacher, right?"

Yes.

"Then I don't want you going to work tomorrow. I'm writing you a note."

I wasn't about to complain.

If my pain gets better and Daven stays put, I'll go back to work Monday. But my Dr. did say that it is entirely possible to have a weekend baby.

Will Daven come this weekend?

He is now as "hefty" as swiss chard. Huh? For some reason, I'm having a hard time comparing Daven to a leafy vegetable. He should be about 6 and a half pounds.
So far today, I haven't really done much. I went to the Save a Step down the road for some milk, and I took a shower, but that's about it. I've been having fun browsing online for all the books I can download on my nook. I've already gotten three books - for free! Love my nook!

I don't think I'm having contractions, but more like period cramps. I feel like I'm having a horrible period. And there is a ton of pressure on my lower back and pelvis. Instead of feeling him kick my ribs, now he's trying to escape via his doorbell, er, um, my belly button. But I'm taking all of this as good signs!

Tonight the family is going to start painting the upstairs. I'm not even allowed up there! But I've got my wooden letters to paint that spell out Daven's name. I'm painting them dark blue and then stencil painting white and yellow stars on them. I feel a little guilty not doing any of the manual labor, but I guess I WILL be doing some of that here soon! Bah ha, I know that was a lame joke. You liked it.

Here's me yesterday, right at 37 weeks.






We're so excited to meet you, baby Daven!

No comments:

Post a Comment