Saturday, January 9, 2010

False alarm

After A got up and I was still feeling really bad, he said that he really wanted me to go to the hospital just in case. So in we went. They registered us pretty quickly and sent me up to L&D. I got in a gown and they hooked me up to the monitors. The nurse did an internal check - no dilation.

The nurse said she would be back in an hour to see. Then she left. Did she give me any tissues to wipe up the ungodly amount of lube she used on me? No. And there wasn't a tissue in sight. I felt violated and goopy.

So I laid there for an hour. Still was in lots of pain. Daven started kicking the monitor and that made loud noises.

After what seemed like forever, the nurse came back in with my release papers.

"Come back in when you're really in labor".

"So I wasn't having contractions?"

"No."

"Well then what do you call it?"

"Being pregnant."

"I am in considerable pain though."

"You can take Tylenol for that."

"Tylenol doesn't help at all."

"You're pregnant. Can't take other stuff. Deal with it."

I think I need to give Wayne Brady a call so he can come choke a bitch.

I mean, I know she's just doing her job and she deals with this kind of situation all of the time, but she knew that this is my first and you would think I could have gotten a little sympathy. I guess not.

So I'm back home now. Still feeling pretty cruddy. A just left to go get us some lunch. I sure hope this pain goes away soon!

1 comment:

  1. :-( What a grumpy nurse. I'm delurking cause I feel bad that you were treated like that! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete