Friday, November 6, 2009

Pretty much nothing but bitching

What started out as a perfectly ok day took a sour turn after lunch when I had my middle school kids. One girl gets pissed and doesn't understand why I won't let her use my whole roll of tape so that she can put it on her face. Yes, this same girl, who I had for two back-to-back classes today went to the office in between them and told the secretary that I needed a roll of tape. By the time I realized that she had done this, she was sitting in my room with half of her leg taped up. WTF. Then after I took that tape away, she took the tape off herself she balled it up and they class started hitting it around the room.

Not so funny when you're the teacher and no one gives a shit that you exist.

I have another kid, a 7th grader, who is in my sign language elective. He doesn't have a binder, hasn't done any of his homework, has failed a quiz, and will not participate. When we are going over signs, he interrupts by asking how to sign the most outlandish things. I have tried to explain to them that I am not an expert at this, and there are many things that they are going to have to look up on their own if they wish to know it. Then when I ask them how to spell a sign (of which we have already gone over before and the directions of how to sign it with a picture are in a packet that I gave them) he just makes up something and then argues with me that this is how it should be signed. Mother fucker. Seriously?

The sad thing is, apparently he's recently been tested and they have said he has severe ADHD. But mom has said that she will not consider any medication of any kind, and that we are not allowed to put him on the accommodations list. All of the teachers who have him are supposed to meet with his mother next week, although I don't know what they hell we are supposed to do with him. It's pretty frustrating. Plus, all of that info was "off the record" from out counselor, so I'm not even supposed to know any of it.

I don't even know where I was going with that. I drove the whole way home in tears because the 8th grade is so terrible. They literally will not listen to a word that I say. They refuse to get quiet. They only thing that will even momentarily shut them up is if I yell at the top of my lungs. But seeing as it still hurts my back to even breath normally, I was not going to yell. I've tried reading up on discipline - I've read a book and a half this past week alone. I've tried to be positive with them. I told them today how bright of a group of kids they are and that they shouldn't sell themselves short. But even when I was complementing them, only a few were actually listening. So I gave up. I gave them their packets about this week's world cultures music and I said it's due at the end of class. Then I sat at my desk and fought back tears. I had three kids come up to me to clarify directions on what they were supposed to do.

I hate that class. I really do. Not every kid, but that class as a group, I hate them. And I'm giving up. I'm not wasting my time trying to connect with them anymore. I'm at a loss of what to do. There's no help from the principal. And every other special areas teacher has similar issues with them, so I know it's not just me. Fuck it. Let my maternity leave sub deal with them and tell the principal what a bunch of shits they are.


So what about the pregnancy? This is a blog about being pregnant, right?

Well, I woke up this morning and good ole nausea was back. Luckily I did not throw up. It went away for a while and showed back up just in time for me to not eat lunch. Also, I'm starting to think that this back/hip pain is here to stay. I'm honestly not seeing it getting any better before Daven makes his debut. Of course when I tell people that my back is bothering me, they don't seem to think that it's any big deal. But I feel like I'm almost crippled the way the pain is affecting me. I'm not a fan. It hurts in a way that is hard to describe. I'm going to ask my doctor about it next week, although I'm sure she's just going to say that this is something I have to deal with and that there's not anything I can do to make it better.

So, not only is my carpel tunnel acting up in my left wrist, but I think I'm developing it in my right wrist now. I had kind of worried about this and wondered if it was going to happen to me, since it's so common to get while you're pregnant. I guess I got my answer. It's not unbearable yet though. Just hurts when I try to grip things.

Also, my belly button really hurts. Thought you should know.

Well, I guess that's all this Negative Nancy has to say for right now. I still love you, baby boy. Don't worry. Mommy just had a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment