Friday, November 27, 2009

Of course I'm thankful!

I know that I didn't write anything yesterday. I'm sorry! But it was Thanksgiving, and we were out and about.

We are so thankful that we have Daven and that he is healthy and growing. We can't wait until the holidays next year when he's here to celebrate with us!

I woke up before A as usual, and I starting watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on tv. What did I realize? It sucks. The marching bands and children's groups from around the country got like a 20 second spot while every single float that housed some dumb-ass singing celebrity got what seemed like an insane amount of time. Yeah, cute float, but I don't really care to watch you lip sync your song! Lame!

We went over to A's parents' house for dinner at 1 P.M. Farking delicious! Turkey, cranberry, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy - drool. There were other things on the table, but I couldn't get everything! I had to pick and choose since I can't seem to eat as much as I used to. The stuffing and gravy was my favorite. My MIL made it from scratch.

She also made 5 different kinds of pies, even though I only had room enough to have a slice of the lemon. I need to go back so that I can get some leftovers before they are all gone!

After dinner I sat around for a while and looked at the adds for Black Friday (even though I didn't go out today). Then I started to get a bit of a tummy ache and I went upstairs to lay down. I slept in A's old water bed. It was heated, so it was really nice. Aside from having a very difficult time getting up and back out of the bed, it was easier on my hips than our bed is.

When I finally managed to wake back up, we went over to my parents' house, even though mom acted like she didn't really want us to. They went Derby Dinner Playhouse for a show and lunch earlier in the day, because mom stuck to her guns and didn't cook. We sat around for a bit and talked to her, and then headed home.

Well actually, first we went to Walgreens to get cheese in a can and crackers and sour gummy worms, because that's what I was wanting. And then we went to White Castles, because it was past dinner time.

Came home, ate, and watched a movie. Then I fell asleep on the couch while A watched wrestling.

Today, we've cleaned and gotten out the decorations. The tree is up, and I'm putting on the ornaments in a bit. I like having the house decorated for the holidays, and we even have out all of A's Hanukkah decorations. It confuses people that there are both decorations in the house. It's kind of funny.

So it's pretty crazy that we only have 10 weeks left before Daven gets here, and even less if he decides to come early!

Please excuse the dirty mirror in this week's pics. I cleaned it today! But I took the pics yesterday, so that's a fail. I figured I'd do a little comparison of how things have changed in the past 10 weeks. See for yourself if you can tell a difference.

20 weeks vs. 30 weeks

20 weeks

30 weeks

20 weeks

30 weeks

20 weeks

30 weeks
I tried to do the pics side by side, but blogger said FU and wouldn't let me do it. Well, it would put them side by side, but when I published my post, you could only see the pics on the left. I started grumbling and A said "I will not let you get in a bad mood over your freaking blog." I guess he's right. But damnit, I've seen other people do side by side pictures on their blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment