Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Almost 30 weeks, almost Thanksgiving!

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. It was so nice to go in there and NOT have to get blood taken this time! I managed to lose 2 pounds in the past two weeks. No idea how I managed that. I've actually been able to eat more normally. You really wouldn't think that pregnancy would be a good diet!

I found out that my overbearing rash is just eczema, although it is a severe case. My doctor cringed when I took off my long sleeve shirt to show her the rash all the way up my arm. She prescribed me a steroid cream to put on where ever I'm breaking out, and made me promise to try not to scratch my belly.

Daven's heartbeat is still sounding great, and he's measuring on track!

So I went on my BRU registry today to get a handle on how many big-ticket items we had, and also to add a few things. And what did I notice? Someone has purchased our travel system! What a freaking relief! I mean, I really don't expect anyone to spend lots of money on us, but it is a bit of stress off my shoulders that now we have the car seat/stroller combo for Daven.

Now I just have to keep myself from registry stalking!

A and I still need to register at Target. I said we should do it tonight. Now I have a massive headache, so who knows. But if we don't do it now, then we'll be sharing the isles with all of the crazed holiday shoppers! And the thing is, we registered at Babies R Us right after we found out we were having a boy, so that was 10 weeks ago! It's crazy how the time flies!

Progress is being made upstairs, although it's a slow one. At least the framing work is getting done. After that I think will be the insulation and the drywall. So Daven, please stay put, because your room isn't ready yet. As much as we want to meet you, we also want everything to be ready before you get here. I know it's starting to get crowded in there, but please wait!

I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, although I still can't help but be bummed that mom is refusing to cook anything. She makes it seem like it's no big deal and makes me feel guilty for asking her to cook. I guess she doesn't realize how upset it made me when I found out she wasn't cooking anything. Maybe she's forgotten what pregnant emotions are?

Salmon patties for dinner tonight! (and no, of course I'm not making them!) I just hope that this tummy ache caused by my headache doesn't get in the way of me being able to eat dinner! And A, before you say anything, I already took Tylenol. Although I don't think it does anything to help me, I know that's the first thing you'll want me to do! Love you, sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment