Friday, November 13, 2009

I better get this out now

before my day turns to shit.

Yes, I know it's pessimistic to think like that, but after lunch, I have 3 straight classes of nothing but 7th and 8th graders. They torment me.

But today so far has been good! Even though I've got one raging headache, the Veteran's Day program went really well. My saxes nailed their duet (which was a train wreck yesterday), my snares didn't screw up their parts, and all the kids singing got through it without any major mess-ups. The older crowd that we drew seemed to really like the program, even though it ended up being almost an hour long once the powerpoint presentation was added to the mix.

Still, it feels good to get this behind me and not have to worry about it again until next school year.

I got through my 2 other morning classes, and while they were rowdier than normal, we did get some things accomplished. Plus, I have more patience with 1st graders talking out than 8th graders.

I have had a handful of people compliment me on the program, one person being my principal's mother! Can you believe that? And my principle did pat me on the back, so I guess that's man for good job?

One surprise was that my 3rd grade class came down and they had made this sign that said I was the best music teacher, and all of them had signed it. That was very sweet. So as much as the middle schoolers hate me (or act like they do) at least I have some reassurance that I'm doing something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment