Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ranty McRanterson

So I'm just going to go ahead and bitch. You've been warned.

Today didn't start out too bad. Yeah, I had to force myself to get out from under the covers. And I was feeling a tad sicky. But nothing I couldn't handle. I got to school and things were fine. My band kids actually worked harder today than normal. My art classes weren't awful.

The thing that set off the bad afternoon was my coworker coming in. For whatever reason, she thinks that I wreck her room with my art classes. Oh I'm sorry, is there a little bit of glue on the table? You don't sit there - fucking get over it. She used this nasty-ass lemon-scented disinfectant spray all over her classroom. The fumes then attacked my classroom. Instant headache. ::shakes fist:: That shit can't be good for anyone.

I opened some windows, closed my door and went to lunch. Got up to the faculty lounge and went in to tinkle before heating up my food when what do I see? The janitor has just re-waxed the bathroom floor and no one can go in there for the rest of the day. Ok, I know you're a man and all, but this is the only bathroom that the students aren't allowed to use besides the other one-seater upstairs. And your ass was here last week during fall break. WTF?

So I went down to the office to use the bathroom in there, thinking maybe there won't be any sick kids in there and I can tinkle and get back to my food. Nope. He did that bathroom too! I could have punched him at this point. So I had to walk back down my hall past my classroom into the junior high restroom. You know, the one where the girls don't flush their number twos and stick panty liners over the purse hooks. Yeah, that bathroom. It smells like sewer on a good day.

I bitched and complained through my lunch, and luckily my enchilada from dinner last night was good. Next up was my sign language elective, and just as I suspected, they didn't fucking do their homework. One kid did. Out of 7. "But Mrs. R, you didn't tell us this was due today." Yes I fucking did, you manipulative little bitch. I fucking said it was due the next time we meet, which would be this Wednesday. It wasn't like it was even a hard or time-consuming assignment either. They had to look up how to sign 5 words of their choice on a website that has a video dictionary.

That little class fought me the whole time, and I seriously had to walk out of the room once to keep from yelling.

Then I had 5th grade music. I should have known when I saw a sub teacher dropping them off at my door that there would be trouble. Those little shits would not be quiet and focus for 2 seconds! I still have to email their teacher and tell her what asses they were. Well I wish I could say that.

My last class of the day honestly wasn't that bad, but I was already in a mood. Yeah, even though I said back in the day that I would never be someone who let one class influence my mood, I am. Oops. Fuck me.

Then there was the faculty meeting that I had forgotten about until someone at school reminded me about it. I hate not getting home until 5. Yes, I want to spend my afternoon sitting in a student chair brainstorming ways to tweak our mission statement so that we are more marketable. Right.

Add to this that my school laptop has a virus and I couldn't use it all day, and I was just done. Hopefully A can fix it. Plus I've had the backache from hell, and it feels like someone is stabbing a knife into my hips.

A POSITIVE NOTE!!!!

We are officially into double digits now of this pregnancy. 99 days to go! That's pretty crazy to think about. 99 days left until Daven meets the world! It's insane to think that I've already made it this far. I love you, baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment