Thursday, October 22, 2009

6 months!

Hooray for making it to 6 months pregnant! We are getting so close! 105 days to go! This month, the baby is as big as an eggplant! No wonder I can feel him kick and move so much now!


A couple nights ago A and I got a set of headphones so that Daven can start listening to some music. Yesterday afternoon I let him listen to some Debussy. I made sure to wait until he was already kicking before I started the music, because I didn't want to wake him up or anything. Some songs he was very still, and others he kicked away at. A is going to download some more classical for me. I don't want Daven to get tired of the same ole classical music!

I finally changed my name today! I know, I'm a bad wife. Even though I've taken the name, I had yet to get everything signed over. It's not that I didn't want to. It's just that there is so much involved, and every time I thought about it, it sent me into a little panic. But yesterday I got a copy of the marriage license from the court house, and today I went to the social security office to get my new card. Tomorrow I am going to the DMV to get a new driver's license. I know there is a lot more I need to change, especially my bank account, but one step at a time, right? I was so tired of still signing my maiden name when I want to take my married name, and I didn't want this to still be in limbo when Daven is born!

Something is wrong with my poor pup. She's been acting funny for a few days now. Yesterday she was constantly moving and whimpering. I finally found that she had this big matted knot of hair on her tail, and I cut it out. She seemed so much better afterwards and I thought I had figured it out and everything was fine. But last night, she kept waking A and I up whimpering, crying, and panting heavily. I called the vet, but for whatever reason he's not open on Thursdays. So little Oreo has an appointment tomorrow morning at 10:30. She hasn't really made any noises this morning and seems to be sleeping comfortably, but since I'm still worried and she's due for her annual shots anyway, I'm going in tomorrow to see what's up. I've also scheduled her for an appointment tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 at Pet Smart for grooming. It's not where we normally take her, but I knew it would be a few weeks before we could get her in there since it's just a husband and wife that run it. I just have to remember to get a copy of the rabis vaccination papers from the vet tomorrow, because they won't groom her without it. Then we'll get a new sweater, and she should be looking good for the party tomorrow.

Yes, we are having a nerd party. I'm not joking when I say nerd. A got chosen to host a Microsoft 7 launch party. They sent him a box with streamers, balloons, tote bags - it's quite funny actually. The hard part is trying to come up with a theme for the party. I really don't think it's that big of a deal, but we have to take pictures to give to Microsoft of the party. But I don't know enough about computers to come up with anything clever. We're going to make some cookies, some people will drink. We will probably watch Office Space. One of A's friends thinks that we're going to spend the night playing Xbox 360. He is sadly mistaken. Rock Band is not as party-friendly as everyone wants you to believe. It always ends up in the same people hogging the same instruments and playing the same songs over and over. ::cough cough, my sister and her bf, cough cough:: A and I are looking forward to having people over, though. It's been a long time since we've had a party.

My fall break is going by so fast - it's almost over! Normally I'm counting down the hours until Friday afternoon, but this week I don't want it to come because that means it's the weekend and I'll have to go back to work soon! Although it kind of stinks that I am home alone while A has to be at work. Plus, mom's in Florida, and my sister is at school. Well, one is at school, the other one hates me right now.

So even though I tried to eat some Fruity Pebbles this morning, and just ate some plain angel hair pasta, my tummy is bothering me today, and Oreo has eaten just as much as I have! I want to be more productive than laying on the couch like a bum, but it looks like that might be all I can do.

My belly is itching like crazy, especially my button. So I'm either stretching or I have dry skin. Maybe both. ::scratches belly::

Also, I'm still having the shooting burning pain to the nips. Nothing is leaking out of them yet, though. Although I fear that this is in my near future!

Well, here's what I look like today. I'm so glad that my baby boy is still growing!



Love, love, love my sweatpants from Target! I think I would wear them every day if I could! Well, Daven's either kicking or punching my bladder. Time to go pee...again.

1 comment:

  1. 6 months pregnant is a huge thing!!! Congrats!@ You are beautiful pregnant and your little one is going to be so cute! What a blessing to have a blog and actually keep track of different things that happen! I will be back to read more about your pregnancy adventure!
    Please come visit me at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my current giveaway. I try to have a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you decide to become a follower so you don't miss out!
    xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete