Thursday, October 15, 2009

Attention whore, post whore

Yes, I've done this once before, posting three times in one day. And yes, it was even on a Thursday. But I'm back at work, it sucks, I'm bored, so here I am. Deal with it or get off my blog!

Went to the doctor. I've lost another pound. And since the baby is gaining, this means that I've actually lost more. Good thing I had more than enough love to go around to begin with! Blood pressure is fine, nothing wrong with my pee pee, and the baby's heart rate is good. She tape measured my belly for the first time, but the only thing she said was that my measurements look good. So we are still right on track! I also went ahead and got the h1n1 vaccination, so hopefully I won't catch it from any of the kids now. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It hurt like a bitch though! I think my arm is dead now!

My midwife told me to try taking my tummy pills at night before I go to bed and see if that will help keep me from getting sick in the morning. I'm going to try that tonight and pray for the best tomorrow. My back is still killing me from my hurl this morning. It even hurts to breath deep. I tried to let this be the reason that I couldn't come back to work tonight, but A said no.

After we went to the doctors, we picked up my car. It started, thanks to the fact that my dad had taken the battery out earlier today and charged it. Thanks, dad, even though you don't read this! We got it to Olympco, where A knows someone who works there. He's a family friend, and replaced the battery and defective parts without charging labor. How nice was that? So my car is running better again, and for under $100. Hooray!

I literally left the car shop and came right back to work. These damn conferences! I don't even think I can call it that since I don't meet with anyone! I am so tired and bored sitting here. I'm dreaming about going to Target to try to find me a warm sweatshirt for this weekend's trip up North. Maybe if I'm not feeling too bad I'll have to treat myself to that before I come home.

I ate the chili dinner that they had here, and I'm still wondering if it's ever going to settle in my stomach. That stuff was the most condensed chili I've ever eaten. It was almost as bad as my one failed attempt at vegetable soup a couple months back! (vegetable gumbo, anyone?) Then I ate about 6 mini cherry tootsie rolls. Those were pretty good. I then opened a little fun sized box of dots just because I was bored. I used to love this candy! Nope, not now. Ew. Seriously, ew. I can't get the taste out of my mouth now. It's quite unpleasant. And their lemonade is lacking some serious sugar here! But I'm thirsty so I'm drinking it.

Ok, I can handle parents coming into my classroom if they have something they want to talk about or even if they just want to meet me. But what I don't like it when the middle school students just wander in here and park, expecting me to stop what I'm doing to talk to them. Ok, I guess this is a good sign that they want to come talk to me, but I'm blogging here! My faithful few need to know what's up in my life in every painstaking detail! (you wanna know what I'm wearing right now? Well, I'm wearing my black maternity pants, and this black top that isn't maternity so it doesn't go down low enough and I have to wear a tank top underneath it to make up for the length and make sure I don't flash my belly...)

I now have one hour left. I wish I could take a nap. Or I would text, but the battery on my phone is pretty low. I really need to pack tonight, but something tells me that A and I will wait until tomorrow to pack, and it will take him 2 seconds to do while me on the other hand, even though we're only going away for the weekend, will have to take a much longer time. I don't understand why it always takes me so long to pack. Probably because I overpack and overthink things.

Ok, I guess I'll sit here and try to act like a teacher. But I'm not going to like it, not one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment