Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New looks

After a lot of fiddling and searching, I think I finally have my blog looking like I want it. I ended up having to change the template, because the polka dotted one that I had was not working well with the backgrounds that I tried. What do you think? I know it's a small thing, changing the look of a blog, but I feel accomplished! And it was so easy to actually do, I don't know why I didn't try it sooner!

Oreo finally got to the groomers yesterday. I don't know if I wrote about why she didn't go last week, but just for a PSA, Pet Smart will not take your dog within 48 hours of going to the vet. I took her in yesterday afternoon, and spent quite a bit of money getting her the deluxe package. I won't always come here or always go all out, but she really needed the oatmeal bath with her dry skin, and she got her teeth cleaned and her nailed trimmed. She looks so pretty! And I'm sure she's got to feel better, too. I tried and tried to get some good, full bodied pics of her when we got home, but she didn't want to sit still. But this is what I managed to get:


That's my baby puppy! Yes, I know she's 8 years old, but she's still my pup! I wasn't expecting them to put bows in her hair, but I guess that's part of the ultimate package. I think they look cute, although I will probably take them out soon. They don't seem to bother her though. Everyone back in the grooming department bragged about how good she was and how I'm welcome to bring her back any time. I guess she made some new friends while she was there.

Oh Tuesday. Why do you have to be so far from Friday? I just want to be at home snuggled up with A under the covers. I hope the kids don't suck today. I also hope that my principle will just go ahead and observe me and get it out of the way. Apparently he's going to "drop by" all the classrooms this week to criticize. Well, he says it's just to see, but I know better. He's nothing but critical. This isn't just be being Debbie Downer either, I swear! It's like pulling teeth for him to even say something nice about the Christmas programs, which I have to say that I have rocked! Even the students have noticed that his compliments feel forced and insincere.

I finally got some new earrings yesterday. I have been walking around looking funny with some of my holes exposed (giggles) because for some reason my ears don't even like sterling silver anymore. Sensitive little lobes! Instead of spending a ton of money on getting gold earrings, I went to Hot Topic and got some small gages. (That is how you spell it, isn't it?) I used to have my ears gaged and my bottom piercings were stretched to a 10. But they're not now. I got some 20s and 18s. I'm a little bit peeved though because I couldn't even wear one of the 20s - they were such small loops with the one ball that snaps; I couldn't even get the balls off of them (giggles some more) and even if I did, I don't think they would have fit over my ear to even get to my piercing. Does that even make sense? Luckily I still had one pair of regular earrings that I can manage to wear (plus the ones in my cartilage - ouchies, I'm not gaging those!) Whatever metal these gages are made out of, they don't bother my ears. That's a huge relief, because I'm tired of dealing with infected earring holes!

Ok, 5th grade band should be here any moment. Time to get off my blogging and do my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment