Monday, October 5, 2009

Just another Monday

Well this morning started off rough. I woke up, just like I thought, with my throat still scratchy, my head pounding, and my tummy upset. I'm really hoping that it's just allergies and that it's not something contagious that the kiddos here gave me. They are so selfish - I don't know why they are so generous with their germs!

I get to school this morning, walk into my classroom, and realize that something is wrong. Chairs are moved, my stereo cart was moved, there was writing on my board, and my desk had been completely cleared off. Whoever was in my room this weekend took everything off of my desk and put it not-so-neatly in piles on the floor, and on top of drums. Plus, there were crumbs of food all over my desk as well.

Turns out that there was a wedding here on Saturday and my room was where the bride and her ladies got ready. They used my desk to put all of their food that they were chowing down on. Fuckers. I understand that the parish uses our rooms sometimes for other things on the weekend. But I do not appreciate the fact that they tore apart my room and then neglected to put it back together. I understand that it's a special day, but someone should have come back to clean the mess. The only reason that I know this much is because one of the teachers happened to drop by on Saturday and see this all going on. She was the one that turned off the lights and the air conditioner in my room. They didn't. Really? This is a classroom. I made sure that before I left on Friday, everything was in its place and neat. I had to spend all my free time this morning cleaning things up and putting things back where they belong.

This pregnant lady was not happy.

The only good thing that came about this is that my desk is now clean and organized. But that won't last! I am horrible at keeping my desk cleared off. I just teach too many different classes! It drives my principle nuts that my desk doesn't always look picture perfect, but I do my damn job.

After that, my day wasn't horrible. I feel icky, but I've managed. Although the kids I had for art today drove me nuts. "Is this good enough?" STFU. Don't ask me that question. If you have to ask, then the answer is obviously NO!

So there is a Papa Murphy's pizza opening up really close to our school. They gave all the teachers coupons today to get a free large, one topping pizza today. I just have to wait around until 4 to go pick it up. How awesome is that? I hope it's ok for dinner. Adam and I did just have pizza for dinner Saturday night, and I had the leftovers for lunch. But with Papa Murphy's all you have to do is take the pizza home and put it in the oven. And it's free! I can't pass that up!

*--------> Coworker vent!! <--------*

The woman that teaches next door to me just came into my classroom to complain. "I'm so exhausted I can't even see straight! I don't know what I'm going to do! I'm so miserable."

She has Mondays off. She didn't teach a single class today.

For fuck's sake, woman, shut the fuck up!

::sighs:: Ok, I feel better now.

Well, I am excited that it is the end of the school day, all my classes are done, and I get to spend time with A tonight. Heroes comes on! And wrestling too, except that I normally can't stay awake for it.

Today is the first day that I have worn maternity pants. I bought a pair at Target over the weekend. They are wonderful! I want a million pairs! And my shoes fit today too, which is awesome. They were tight this morning, but that was probably because they had just come out of the dryer.

"Why were your shoes in the dryer? That's just weird."

Because last school year, my cat decided to take a giant dump in one of my shoes. And even after the poop was gone, the smell remained. So they sat on my front porch for a long time. I wasn't even sure if washing would work - would they fall apart in the washing machine? Thankfully, they survived the wash just fine. I think that I am going to have to start putting them on a high shelf from now on when I get home though, because these are officially the only shoes that fit, besides my crocks.

I'm trying my best to stay ahead here at work. When it gets to this point in the year, shit starts to hit the fan. Halloween, Veteran's day, Christmas - FML. So many things get pushed aside when it gets to this point. So I am trying to plan ahead and have as much prepared for my sign language elective as I can. And I am also trying to figure out who gets to do Halloween music and art when, and when I should start preparing for the Christmas program. Whew. I need a margarita. At least give me some frozen lime slushy with salt on the rim!

No comments:

Post a Comment