Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy V - Day to me!

No, it's not Valentines Day yet. 24 weeks into your pregnancy is considered vitality day, or when your baby is considered viable. From this point on, doctors will try to do everything in their power to try to save the baby, should I go into labor early. Of course they would do this regardless, but from now on, my baby's chances of survival go up! This is a big milestone that I have been waiting to reach for a while now! But stay put, baby Daven! You're not done yet!

So this week, the baby should be as big as a papaya. I really think that now they are just struggling to keep coming up with fruits to compare the baby to. I've never had a papaya before. Are they good?


Baby Daven has been really testing me this week. I've gotten sick 4 times in the past week, after going for 3 weeks without it! I got sick again this morning. Now, throwing up at all is terrible, but it hurts so much more when there's nothing in your stomach to come up. I hadn't even had a drink of water before I made friends with my toilet this morning and now I hurt so bad! I think I pulled a muscle in my back, and my ribs feel sore. Baby Daven, mommy loves you more than anything, so is there any way that you can help stop the tummy troubles?

Well, besides the early morning hurl, I've had a bigger string of bad luck. Because of my feeling poopy I forgot to pack a lunch. I had leftover hibachi from last night's dinner at Kobe (which I was able to eat, by the way!) but I didn't bring it. Then my poor old car wouldn't start. I tried and tried, and my car said no. So A had to take me to work this morning. I felt bad, because this put him getting to work late. I left my water bottle in his car. Luckily though, I still had a powerade waiting for me at school. Since I don't have a car to go get lunch, I had to over food from the cafeteria. Luckily, one of the alternates was grilled cheese, because I have no idea how I would have managed cafeteria taco meat. (makes barf face)

I'm still waiting on my dad to call me back to let me know if he is going to go over to my house and see if he can figure out what's wrong with my car. They have an extra key over there, and I'm hoping that it's something that can be easily fixed for cheap. A and I knew that I was going to need a new car soon, but not this soon!

I go to the doctors today. I've got to ask again about my morning sickness, and I need to ask her about the lumpy place under my arm. I'm kind of embarrassed to though, because it hasn't been shaved in a while. Oops. Oh well. I've got to keep telling myself that she's seen worse! I'm interested to know if I've gained back any weight yet. Even though I've been pretty sick this past week, there was those other 3 weeks where I was able to eat more regularly. And Daven is supposed to weigh over a pound now!

Sweet action! I just remembered that I bought chocolate donuts yesterday! I was getting hungry and really dreading eating a breakfast bar. Hooray for mini chocolate donuts!

I really don't want to come back to work tonight, after I've worked all day. It was torture enough having to stay until 5 yesterday. Now I have to come back tonight. It'll definitely be a pain for A if my car situation isn't figured out and he has to drive me here and back again.

Ok, I think one of the boys in my class is getting bullied during their game of Apples to Apples. I guess it's time for me to go be a teacher. ::sigh:: I'll have to post my picture later on today. I hope that this school day goes by fast! And I also hope that my grilled cheese for lunch doesn't suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment