Friday, August 13, 2010

Insert big toe in mouth

Daven did that this morning! He's been trying for a while now and just couldn't quite get his foot up there. He was in the bassinet this morning and I was in the process of changing him and out of nowhere he was sucking on his big toe! Too bad I couldn't get a picture!

He has become quite attached to his sippie cup. If anyone tries to take it away from him (even to give him his food!) he starts crying! He makes a big mess with it though, because I think he only really drinks a third of it. The rest ends up down the front of him. Luckily it's just water right now, so no big deal. I am glad though that he's getting the hang of drinking from it all by himself. Although I can't seem to handle the rate that he's growing and learning!!

He LOVES his jumperoo! His legs are getting so strong now, and he just goes to town in it, bouncing up and down consecutively for sometimes a minute or two at a time!

Tummy time it getting better as well. Granted, he has to be in a good mood and if you try anytime after dinner you're just going to end up with a crying Daven, but for the most part he is tolerating it rather well. He hasn't made it up on his knees yet or anything, but he kicks his legs like crazy and manages to scoot himself some.

I am so excited because this afternoon we are getting pictures taken! One of my SIL's friends takes pictures and is still in college. She is doing the session for cheap! The only thing that might be bad is that she doesn't have a studio or anything so we are doing the pics outside. And it's supposed to be super hot today. But if all goes well then they should turn out nicely! We are getting pics of Daven for his 6 months (I know, he's past that, but it's close enough) as well as some family shots of the three of us. Then we will get all of the pictures on a disk to print out as many as we want. I'm so glad that we don't have to select a few out of a ton of great pictures of my baby boy. That's so hard to do!

I really need to figure out how to put video in my blog because I have a bunch to share!

Ok, I think my little jumper is getting tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment