Friday, August 6, 2010

How can he already be 6 months?


19 pounds 2.5 ounces

26 inches long

Everything is looking healthy!

Daven's diet is no longer "restricted" and we are actually starting on meats tonight!
(And pureeing chicken is as gross as it sounds.) Last night I made him a chicken, black bean and rice mixture. It looked edible until I blended it all together!




















And guess what? HE HAS TWO TEETH!!! It's so hard to get any pictures, though. They are the front bottom teeth.

We got him a "big boy" car seat. Since I had my last paycheck and we knew he was going to reach the weight limit on his infant seat soon, we wanted to make sure we had enough money. We got a great deal at BRU - $100 plus 20% off with a coupon. It's a convertible seat so when he's old enough we can switch it to forward-facing. And the cool thing is that once it's facing forward it can recline! A installed it in my car last weekend and Daven loves it!



Daven is also sitting up! He's still a bit of a weeble at times, but he loves to sit up and play with his toys.


A little while ago, I let Daven make his first big mess. He was eating his oatmeal (before bath time, thank goodness!) and he managed to grab the bowl. I decided to see what he would do with it.


I decided that I wanted to make a blanket for Daven. I was hoping to find material to make him one like I have, but the fabric store didn't have what I was looking for. I did find some cute fabric, though, and after a long day cursing at my MIL's sewing machine, I finally did it!


I thought that since his teeth have come through that Daven would start sleeping better at night again. No such luck! It's starting to wear on me, but it's just one of those mommy sacrifices!

I know this post was extremely train of thought-ness, but I was trying to get in all the biggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment