Tuesday, August 17, 2010

An all-around good day


This is the face of a little bubby who is not a fan of edamame (soy beans). Sorry, Daven.

Daven splashed in the pool today! He's always loved the pool, but today was the first time that he actually splashed around like he does in the tub. My dad was holding him and out of nowhere he did it! Then he looked around like "Why is my face wet now?" Then he did it again and again. It was so funny to watch.

I am kind of sad that my SIL is going back to school tomorrow. I've really liked having her home this summer. She's a lot of fun to be around. BUT I'm glad that she's going to school and happy that she is more looking forward to it than she was last year. The first year is the hardest for sure!

She treated us to dinner tonight, since we are beyond on a budget and she wanted to spend time with us. We went to Dragon's King's Daughter and it was of course, amazing! These are the same people who created and own Maido, my favorite place to eat. Well, it was my favorite anyhow. Now I can't choose between these two!

I was so happy to see Toki (one of the owners) tonight. Since we don't get to eat out as much and she just had a baby, we hadn't seen her in a long time. She even brought her daughter down for us to meet - what a sweetie!

Seaweed salad, the best sushi ever, and tacos (yes tacos!)

We seriously stuffed our faces and after we couldn't eat another bite we got dessert. You really can't go wrong with Tempura-fried Snickers bar and green tea ice cream!

When the bill came, we were very confused. Toki gave us a huge discount! Thanks so much!





Oh, and more good news - I just found out that this place called Wee Rock is hiring and I am going in tomorrow to observe a class and talk to the owner. It would be a part time teaching position/ They do child/parent music classes and it sounds like something I would really enjoy. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment