Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yesterday was a day to mark down in the books. Why? Because A changed Daven's diaper at a restaurant for the first time! I normally change him while we are out. And if we are somewhere that has a family bathroom, A will come with me and help. So yesterday morning we were out eating breakfast at iHop with his family. I asked him to go check and see if there was a changing table in the men's restroom simply because he was the one sitting on the outside. He did no problem!

Later that evening though was a totally different situation.

We were at Outback with his his family again, and of course right when our food was getting ready to come out Daven needed to be changed. So we headed toward the bathroom, only to find that the handicapped stall which has the changing table in it was "out of order" and locked. WTF. I just stood there for a moment like ok what in the world am I supposed to do now? I'm not the only person in here with a baby!

I walked back to our table and told them what was going on. His mother immediately got up to go find a manager. They must not have even thought about this situation, because she didn't know what to do either. She said she would go unlock the stall, but she couldn't fit under the door to unlock it. Plus, she said that the toilet in there was really nasty anyway.

Thankfully they had a changer in the men's restroom and A was able to change him. Otherwise I would have been flaunting my son's junk in the booth we were sitting at.

Public restrooms are tricky. You want the changing table outside of a stall for this very reason. Also, it stinks when someone is using the bathroom (especially when it's not a handicapped person) and you have to wait with a cranky wet baby to change him.

On the other hand, if the changing table is outside the stall, people will often times bump into you, mostly because there's never enough room! Also, you can't take a quick pee when your baby is strapped in the middle of the bathroom.

So I guess there is no easy answer to this.

My MIL went to a yard sale yesterday and bought Daven some stuff. He got a Jumperoo! He's still a bit too little, even on the shortest setting, but he still liked it and I'm sure once he can reach everything he'll love it! I'm not sure where we're going to put it though, because it's pretty big and sitting in the middle of our living room right now.



Tomorrow A and I will have been married for 2 years! It's crazy to think that this time last year we were still trying to let it sink in that we were really going to have a baby! Oh yeah, and me feeling like I was going to barf all day and night. My mom and sister are going to watch Daven while we go eat at the Melting Pot tomorrow night. And this year I can have a drink too! Love you, A!



Daven is so much more interested in his toys now. Well, mostly to fling them around and chew on them. But it's so cute! He really likes this letter links that my MIL found at, you guessed it, a yard sale.

Here are the furbabies, since I haven't put any pics of them up lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment