Friday, June 25, 2010

I always knew I was dependent on my phone, but the extent to which I am is staggering. Yesterday my phone didn't have service, so I had to spend all day without talking or texting anyone. It was terrible! I felt all anxious, thinking what if there is an emergency, what would I do? I got the new iPhone last night, though, so it's all good now. I need a case for it asap though, because it's glass and slippery and I'm so afraid I'm going to break it!

Last night Daven actually ate his peas! We thought for sure after he turned up his nose at them the night before that he wasn't going to have anything to do with them. But while we were at Longhorn celebrating my FIL's bday he ate all of his peas!

*A note to all the servers out there*

When a momma at one of your tables is feeding her child and asks you for an extra napkin, please do it, even if it means you have to unroll it from the silverware. Don't roll your eyes, walk away and then never bring a napkin back.

Seriously! I had to go to the bathroom and wet some paper towels to get the peas that Daven smeared off the table. If I knew that my server had to clean the table I would have left it out of spite, but I was being nice to the busboy.

*A note to anyone who interacts with my child*

Do NOT try to feed him cake or any other food that is not baby-appropriate! WTF?!

"Aw, it's not going to hurt him."

Fuck you! Don't feed my baby!

Grrr.

I'm having a brain fart on what else is going on, so I'll just give you some pics.

Eating some carrots.



Here are the peas I made.



The first go at peas - he was not a fan.





Daven and Cali, A's parent's kitty.



Hanging out with aunt Lauren and future uncle Cory.


I've got more pictures, but bubby woke up. Time to play!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I've been reading your blog for a while and even commented once before. Your son is so adorable! I have a two year old, and I made all of his babyfood when he was eating it. I just wanted to let you know that the tool I found easiest in making it was a stick blender. I could cook whatever vegetable or fruit I was making, and then empty out the water and use the stick blender inside whatever I had been cooking. It also gets a lot easier, it's so much cheaper making it on your own, and my son loves vegees because he is used the to taste from when he was a baby. Hope this helps, you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, and thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete