Monday, August 3, 2009

A new perspective

I have spent my whole summer on this forum for girls thinking about getting pregnant, trying, are, and have had babies. The ladies on there are so nice. Even though I don't know any of them in real life, it was nice to have people to talk to while we were trying but not telling anyone. I look forward to seeing people's progress, new baby pictures, etc.

If you happen to read my blog, then you know that I have been pretty negative lately. Wah, poor me. I know, I know, but I have to get it out somewhere! Well, this makes me feel bad about my funk, and puts it into perspective:

One of the ladies on the board was having a difficult, high-risk pregnancy. I believe that she previously had a miscarriage. She kept spotting, taking trips to the ER, and having to constantly worry. We were so excited when she went in for her big ultra sound, and couldn't wait to hear whether she was having a boy or a girl. I kept looking for updates, and days and days went by without hearing from her. I didn't think too much of it until today when she allowed one of the girls to post an update from her. She lost her baby at 22 weeks 3 days. Apparently there were complications that could not be fixed - it was either save her life or loose both her and the baby. She gave birth to her baby girl, and her baby lived for a hour, dying in her father's arms. When I read this, and even now as I type it brings me to tears. A baby isn't considered viable until 24 weeks, and the little one didn't have a chance. As soon as she got released from the hospital, they had to attend their own baby daughter's funeral.

I've been sick, hurt, and maybe even a little depressed. But I have a healthy baby growing and I should be happy about that. I need to stop worrying so much and enjoy the fact that we are having a baby. I am just so sorry for her loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment