Monday, January 3, 2011

Jumping back to bubby's first Christmas














(Sorry I didn't have the patience to organize the pictures in chronological order of the day.)

Best. Christmas. Ever.

I loved every minute of it. And so did Daven. We started off the morning at 6:30 am when Daven woke up. We went right downstairs to see what Santa had brought. A walking/riding dino, a learning table, a drum filled with instruments, and more, and more. He spent time with each toy, excited with all his new toys.

Then we were off to A's parent's for breakfast and gifts. His favorite there was his ball. Although he wasn't too happy that he was not allowed to play with the catnit kitty presents.

Then to my parents for lunch and gifts. As you can see from the pictures above, the Mickey airplane that my mom got Daven was a huge hit. He also loves the singing, talking tool workbench that my sister got him.

Just when you think the day should be over, off we went to my grandpa's for dinner. We were all exhausted, but I was really glad that I got to spend some time with my aunt and my grandpa. And Daven was a trooper.

It was incredibly bittersweet on the short drive home, having had an awesome day, but sad that not only was Christmas over, but bubby's one and only first Christmas was now behind us.

About an hour after Daven went to bed, he woke up crying hard. Instant cold. Couldn't breathe through his nose. Poor thing. He slept in bed with us, which was fine with me, of course. It ended up being a rough night. I think we overdid it!

Daven has been playing with his new toys nonstop. Of course he still insists on getting out all of his "old" toys too. I know our living room floor is somewhere!

I cannot believe that the only first holiday that we have left (well besides MLK Jr. day, and they don't make special bibs for that!) is his first birthday. Someone pinch me because this past year has been a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment