Sunday, January 2, 2011

First book on the wish list - Show me How

I want to thank my internet friend at RockyMountainMama for bringing this book to my attention. Part of the anxieties of becoming a parent stem from worrying if you're doing enough, interacting in the right way, doing what's best for your wee one. (Or at least that's how it is for me) And as I said in my previous post, one of my resolutions to start the new year is to find time to read more.

Show me How is written by Vivian Kirkfield and she explores ways to positively engage your child. Not only would this be a helpful tool in my journey as a mommy, but it should also give some good ideas for the classroom. Yes, it is true that I currently do not have my own classroom, but I do work with special needs preschoolers that need all the attention they can get!

I'm crossing my fingers that I win the giveaway and score this promising book!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    One of the best things about this book journey has been connecting with amazing people like you. I hope you win a copy of my book...I love that you posted a mini-review of it on your blog. Just to let you know, my last name is Kirkfield, not Kirkland. So many people write Kirkland, maybe I should change the spelling :)It's no big deal if you can't change it.
    I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your post about your beautiful baby and your hesitancy about leaving him with anyone else. I felt the SAME way, at least with my first child. It is definitely very normal and natural. By the time I had my second baby, I was much more laid back about EVERYTHING...and when our third child was born, I was completely mellow about motherhood. I hope you enjoy my posts...and perhaps there will be one or two things that may be helpful to you. I hope so!
    All the best and Happy New Year!
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry that I got your last name wrong! I feel awful about that! I just subscribed to your email list last night and read my first one today. Loved it. If I don't win the book, I'll just have to purchase it!

    It's encouraging to hear that you've been able to become more mellow about motherhood. I feel like that will never happen but I'm sure it will eventually!

    ReplyDelete