Thursday, April 22, 2010







Today Lacey and I hung out. She took Daven and I to breakfast. She only ended up paying for my coffee though, because I found a piece of plastic in my pancakes and part of it got stuck between my teeth!

At one point Daven got fussy and although it took less than a minute for us to check his diaper and get out his bottle, some old man at the table behind us started muttering about how annoying that baby was and rolling his eyes around. It didn't seem to matter that other babies were screaming at some points while we were there - he had to have a tissy over my little sunshine! The thing is, even when Daven cries and gets really upset, he's not that loud.

(Yes, I know right now you might be thinking "Oh but every mom thinks that about their kid when really he's being annoying". And if you think that about me then I would say - eat a dick. But in the nicest way possible!)

Then when that table was leaving, the lady sitting with the grump came over and started baby-talking to Daven.

"A boo boo boo shoo shoo look at you ahh yes you are a cutie uh huh the man at my table didn't like hearing you cry no no but I didn't mind oh no I didn't ah yes little baby..."

Daven decided that he was hungry right when we were getting ready to leave, so we ended up being there for longer than we planned. But no worries. We work around his schedule.

We came back to the house and played on the floor. Lacey read him his new book I got him last night: Dinosaurs Love Underpants. It's basically amazing!


This book explains the real reason why dinosaurs went extinct - they all loved underpants and fought each other to the death for them after they themselves had stolen them from the cavemen. Hilarious! And the illustrations are amazing. Even if this doesn't end up being one of Daven's favorites, it's one of mine already!


After a bit, Lace had to leave to go to the Dr. and Dav and I met up with Amanda for lunch. She even treated me to ice cream! (Thanks, Amanda, even though I don't think you read this!) You know what I found out? Grater's ice cream doesn't have a changing table in their bathroom. I had to change Daven on the floor. I'm definitely not a fan of this!

When Auntie Amanda had to go back to work we went back home. By that time Lacey was done and came back over. We've spent the rest of the night hanging out. That's why I've been able to write so much - she's got a hold of my snuggle bunny right now. I'm so glad I have her back in my life. I have a great time when she's around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment