Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Being a mom means...

Well today being a mom means that I spent over a half an hour in a dressing room.
Thank goodness Target has family dressing rooms with room for your cart and a big bench. I was trying on some dresses for a wedding I'm going to this weekend. Daven was contently sleeping in his car seat securely attacked to the cart. For about 5 min. And right as I was texting my friend pics of the dresses and trying to figure out if they showed too much boob, Daven decides that he's going to wake up.

Change me, mommy!

At first I thought, is it against the rules to change him here and not in the bathroom? But then I'd have to get dressed and walk a crying baby through the store just to change him on one of those crappy pull-down-from-the-wall changing tables. So I got out the changing pad, a diaper and the wipies and I changed my son in the dressing room at Target.

But this did not stop the crying. So I sat there in my underwear and fed him. And I burped him. Repeat process. And after he was full, he needed to be changed again.

Then I finished trying on my stuff, found a dress and a bathing suit top. If you know anything about me or have read much of my blog, then you would be able to guess how hard it would be for me to find a bathing suit that fits right and covers the (giant) girls up. And it was on sale to boot!

So then I had to get dressed and go back out to try to find a bottom to go with it. I grab a few and go back into the changing room. Find one that works. Then I have to change Daven again.

So if you are keeping track, that a feeding and 3 diaper changes all within about half an hour.

But damn he's so cute!

He's been really active today, kicking and moving his arms. I've been laying with him on the floor and he just goes to town! I'm wondering when he's going to roll over.

No comments:

Post a Comment