Friday, April 16, 2010







I bought Daven a bumbo chair yesterday and so far he really seems to like it! I haven't kept him in it for too long at a time though because I know it's hard work for him to hold his head up like a big boy. He's getting good at it though!

Tonight it's just me and Daven because daddy has a bachelor party to go to. Tomorrow is Thunder over Louisville, and we are having a few people over. Burgers, hot dogs and beer. Hopefully it's a good day. Amanda is bringing over her dog Ellie with her so that her and Oreo can play. They went on a walk with each other last weekend and seemed to like each other.

I absolutely love when Daven smiles and talks. It melts my heart. He did it earlier today when I was singing to him! I really couldn't have asked for a better baby.

As you can see in the one pic, Daven has really started holding on to things now. He does more than grab fingers. He loves his burpies still. And I think he's a fan of his new hippo that I got him yesterday. I know it's purple and I know he's a boy, but mommy loves hippos so I bought it just as much for me as I did for him. Is that sad? I don't care if it is. That thing is too cute! And it has the plastic ring on the top that you can clip to his car seat. Right now he has a pooh bear and an elephant attached. He hasn't really noticed them yet.

Being a temporary stay at home mom has made me addicted to TLC. That is seriously the only channel I watch all day. Bringing home baby, baby story, 19 kids and counting, say yes to the dress - this is how every morning goes. I usually get a shower somewhere in there and Daven and I play and cuddle. But normally in the morning I can't get much work done around the house. So we watch TLC. And I wonder what Jim Bob and Michelle are like when the cameras aren't on. What do they argue about? Is it in their contract that the show is not allowed to show them arguing or even disagreeing? It kind of drives me nuts how they are always so laid back and happy.

Ok, it's time for daddy to go drinking. That sounds kind of funny.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly dont think Jim Bob and Michelle do argue. They are both SO passive and just believe God leads the way so much that they (or maybe just she) are submissive and just go with the flow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Say yes to the dress, I am obessed and I LOVE keisha shes the BEST!

    ReplyDelete