Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Things have been better lately. I had a bit of a relapse of the ppd there for a week or two where I couldn't get my arse up to do anything. It was nice outside but I couldn't go for a walk, it was hard to have people over, and I cried all the time. Thankfully it's better again and I am back to being cheerful a majority of the time.

A and I have had a bit of a rough time too. I think it's mostly because we don't communicate clearly and so he'll sound mad when he's not and then get upset when I get hurt. We misinterpret each other quite a bit We're doing much better though. I think the lack of cuddle time is really starting to take it's toll, because all of it is being given to Daven. I miss that time that I used to have with him where we would just lay and hold each other. But I know that we will get it back.

We're hoping to start trying to transition Daven back to the crib soon. I think we'll start with just trying to have him in there from the first time he goes to sleep until he wakes up the first time to eat. That's normally when he seems to sleep the deepest and not fidget as much. But from then on out (usually around 1:30 am) he's all wiggly and you have to put the paci in his mouth and rub his belly and be with him in order for him to go back to sleep. So we'll take it in baby steps. But if we can get him to sleep in his crib for even a few hours a night then A and I could start getting our time back. (I love you A!)

Plus, have I mentioned the sexy time issue?

(Yes, that's a warning not to read if you don't want to know)

With Daven being in the cosleeper in the bed with us, we cannot have the relations in bed. So the few times we've been able to be together we've had to resort to the floor! And that leads to carpet burn!

We haven't even been able to do that very much though, because of damn aunt flow. Here's the breakdown:

After I had Daven, I had pp bleeding for about a month. Then I had maybe 10 days or so before I got my first period. At that point it was time for my 6 week check up and I went back on the pill. Well, that period lasted 18 days. Yes, that's right. 18 days. Some of those days it was really light and sometimes I would think that it had finally stopped. But it always came back. Once that finally went away, I only had a week before I got my period again! It finally stopped yesterday. Hopefully I'll be back on schedule. If not I'm going to have to see the Dr. because I can't handle bleeding for that long. It makes me feel weak. Plus, my bowels hate me during my period, so that sucks.

Since I'm finally flow free, of course my allergies would decide to act up. My throat is scratchy, my nose is running, and I'm sneezing like crazy. Damn pollen!

I can't figure out why, but all of my fingertips are peeling. I can't figure out what I'm coming into contact with that I'm allergic too. First it just started on one finger and then a thumb. But now there are only 2 fingers left that aren't affected. It hurts! And doing the dishes is killer!

So around Daven's age, babies coo. Well, Daven doesn't. He goo's. It's so cute! Whenever he's "talking", most of it starts with a g sound. I absolutely love it! He's so smiley and talkative in the morning when he first wakes up for the day. Even if I'm exhausted and not ready for the day I can't help but smile because he is so freaking adorable. I love my snuggle bunny!

Daven loves bath time. He smiles and makes faces and kicks. I can't wait until the summer when we can take him to our parents' pools.

Well, I know there are other things to talk about, but I'm going to relax a bit before he wakes up and needs to eat. I figure that since I've cleaned the whole bathroom, done a load of laundry, vacuumed 2 rooms, swiffered the kitchen and dining room and done a few dishes I deserve it! I'm sure he'll wake up as soon as I close my eyes. But hey - normally I don't even get to my blog before he wakes up so this is progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment