Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Daven has a doctor!

We interviewed my old doctor today. I always liked him and so did my parents, so we went in to talk to him about being Daven's doctor. He was just as nice as I remember him being and A really liked him. He even remembered me!

He talked to us about how one of the doctors would come out to the hospital to examine Daven after he's born, about breastfeeding and vaccinations. I feel a lot better now knowing that this is one thing we can cross off the list. Plus, their office is super close to our house.

A's mom recommended a daycare for us to look at because one of her coworkers just had a baby and said that she really liked it there. I called, and no one answered. Since we were already out, we decided to try to go there anywhere. Well we found the place, but it looks like they are closed this week. They should at least have a voice mail! It's in a small church that's pretty close to my work. I'm going to try calling them next week to set up an appointment. Hopefully this place will work out. I know it sounds lazy, but I really just don't feel like going around to a ton of places.

So my aunt and cousin from Hawaii are in town. I went and had dinner with them last night and then hung out at my grandpa's for a while. I had no idea though, that I was going to get bombarded with concerns from her about my birthing process.

It all started when we were sitting at Olive Garden waiting for a table and she asked me if I had taken any birthing classes.

Nope.

What?

No, I haven't.

But this is the most important thing you are going to have to do in your life. How are you going to do this without being prepared?

I don't say anything, but I'm thinking to myself that I'll probably just push when the doctor tells me to.

Luckily the buzzer saves me, we get a table, and I think this is the last I've heard about the subject.

Nope.

We get back to grandpa's and A gets off work and comes over. Then she really lays it on me.

You need to make sure that you have a vaginal birth.

Ok.

If you are not prepared for labor, you might end up with a c-section.

::thinking to myself:: I could end up with a c-section anyway...

She then spouts off this list of things that could go wrong with the baby if we have to have a c-section, about all the developmental delays that could happen, all the reflexes that the baby might not have or may have too much of.

I mostly just sit there and listen to what she's saying. I know that she's smart and passionate about what she studies. It just happens to be my luck that she has decided to choose now to do all this research on infants.

I do not want to have a c-section by any means. But I also do not think that anything that I do is going to cause me to have to have one. And if it comes down to it, I will do whatever I can to make sure that Daven comes out healthy and unharmed.

I just hope that she doesn't feel the need to talk about this every time I see her while she's here the next two weeks!

Guess what? Tomorrow is a very important milestone - 35/35!

No comments:

Post a Comment