Monday, June 1, 2009

It's still sinking in

I still can't believe that it actually happened. I took another test today, just to make sure that I'm actually still pregnant! I don't know what I am going to do with myself. But I mean, the doctor won't even see me until I'm 11 weeks, so I have to reassure myself somehow! I was going to try to post pictures of my positive pregnancy tests, but they didn't work right when I tried to resize them. Oh well.

Telling our parents Saturday was a nightmare. I really hope I don't have to go through that again. I know if we have more kids, telling them about #2 won't be nearly as hard. We went to target and found a onsie that said, "If mommy says no, ask Grandma" that we gave to my mom, and a bib that says "Grandma's #1" that we gave A's mom. I was really nervous about what my parents would say, so we went to tell them first. I gave mom the bag with the onsie in it, she opened it and didn't really say anything. Then dad said, "Is there a reason why you gave her that?" Come on, dad! Geeze. They didn't really say too much, but I think they are going to be ok with it. I think my dad still thinks it's way too soon, but whatever.

We had to wait around forever for A's parents to get home. Once we did, his mom didn't really have the reaction I was hoping for. I thought that she was going to be super excited about it, but then she said some stuff along the lines of it was too early, even though she's been asking us when we were going to get pregnant ever since we got married! Apparently she's excited about it now, because my sister in law said that her mom was telling everyone she knew!

A's dad was a complete ass, just like I figured he would be. On one hand, I really need to stop taking everything he says so seriously. On the other, he really shouldn't have been so insensitive with a topic like this. He asked me if I had been to the doctor yet and when I told him no, he said "Good, then there's a chance that she's not pregnant." Really? Really? Then he started whispering to A "Diapers stink" No shit, dad, really? When we finally left their house, which felt like forever, I sat in A's car and cried. Why couldn't this be a happy experience? I mean, A and I are so happy, but it was so stressful having to tell the parents. I'm glad that it's over with.

I knew that I would be getting sleepy, but nothing like I'm feeling! I took two naps yesterday and I still went to bed at 1o. I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open today. A nap is going to be inevitable. Thank goodness that I have the next 2 months off. I don't know how I'm going to handle it when I have to go back to work in the fall. It makes me sleepy just thinking about it.

I'm also super nauseous, although I haven't thrown up yet (knock on wood). Eating seems to help, although it sucks to have to try to eat when your tummy is upset.


I have to pee - again. It's only going to get worse!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you! I'm sorry that telling your parents was so rough. I am sure they'll come around. GL!

    ReplyDelete