Monday, June 8, 2009

Holy heartburn

I feel like I've been breathing fire this past week. Thank goodness A's insurance is miles better than mine and we got our cards in the mail earlier this week. I got my Nexium back! Now let's just hope that it's enough to stop the constantly burning in my throat!

I've had acid reflux for years, and I used to be on Nexium. Then I got off my parent's insurance and on my own and it cost me approx. $140 a month. So I went off of it and just doubled up on some OTC meds. When I was talking to the nurse on the phone, she told me I needed to switch to Zantec because it was safer. Let me tell you how that medicine doesn't work! I was taking up to 10 pills a day and still felt like I was going to spit fire! But now I'm back on my Nexium and the heartburn in gone! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment